This delicious, creamy beef stroganoff is easy to make in one pan, and it is so delicious! This recipe makes enough for a family of 4 or 5, so double it if you have a larger family or if you want leftovers.
1 tbsp olive oil
8 oz white button mushrooms (or whatever mushrooms you like)
2 tbsp butter
1/2 onion, diced
1 lb ground beef
2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch (or you may use 3 tbsp flour)
1 tsp paprika
6 cups beef broth (use only 4 cups of broth if you use egg noodles)
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 cups Tinkyada Brown Rice Spirals (or you can use 4 cups of egg noodles)
1 cup sour cream
- Add olive oil to your pan over medium heat. Sautee mushrooms until tender–about 5 minutes. Then transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, add butter, ground beef, chopped onion, and garlic powder. Stir until the meat is brown and onions are tender.
- Drain excess fat from the pan and return pan to stove.
- Add cornstarch, paprika, salt, and beef broth. Stir as you bring to a boil.
- Add noodles, and bring to a boil again.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer until noodles are tender and most of the liquid has absorbed. (For the Tinkyada noodles I used, this takes about 20 minutes. For egg noodles, it may only take about 8 or 10 minutes.)
- Once noodles are tender and most of the liquid has absorbed, return mushrooms to the pan and add sour cream.
- Stir gently to combine.
I used a little more sour cream for extra creamy stroganoff.
Keywords: one pan, beef