Our refreshing shaved ice recipe lets you experience a delightful frozen treat that is healthy as well!
This blend of zesty oranges and golden honey is the perfect antidote to beat the scorching heat, and it’s an easy no-bake recipe that your kids can help with (or even make by themselves).
2 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. peanuts or almonds
2 sprigs of mint for serving
- Wash the oranges, peel the fruit. Peel the zest from half of the orange.
- Remove the peel from the orange. Place the oranges in a Ziplock bag. Place in the freezer for 4 hours.
- Chill the serving bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes. Finely grate the frozen oranges directly into the bowl.
- Sprinkle the dessert with the zest and crushed nuts. Pour honey over the ice.
- Garnish with mint and serve immediately.
Keywords: shaved ice recipe, orange ice, health dessert, summer dessert