Homeschool has started and fall is in the air! This means the beginning of the holiday season rapidly approaching with Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa, and then New Year one after the other. We LOVE pie in our household, and it’s even more fun to bake with the kids.
An attainable endeavor in the kitchen, even during busy times, is these Easy Fall Pies with only 5 ingredients!! How much easier can it get?
These fall pies are also really cute because they are small when you use mini pie crusts. This way, each child can make a personalized pie and decorate it however they want.
Ingredients for Easy Fall Pies
- Ready Crust mini graham cracker pie crusts
- 1 package of instant Jell-O pudding – Caramel or Pumpkin Spice are good options
- Whipped cream
- Autumn Mix Mellowcreme candies
Instructions for Easy Fall Pies
Step One: Prepare the pudding according to the package directions. This is about as easy as it can get, right?
Step Two: Pour the pudding into graham cracker crusts.
Step Three: Refrigerate your pies until the pudding sets, probably a couple of hours.
Step Four: Top your fall pies with whipped cream.
Step Five: Decorate your pies with Autumn Mix Mellowcreme candy. You can go all-out with this or take it easy and just sprinkle a few on top. This is an especially fun part for the kids!
The kids were great helpers with this project – anything they can eat when they are finished is always a winner in their books! We love to celebrate the seasons and frequently our celebrations include baked goods.
- Make cook-and-serve pudding (this is a great option for working with older kids and having them get familiar with cooking on the stove).
- Decorate your pies with sprinkles.
- Decorate with other types of fall-themed candy.
- Have a pie-eating contest with your entire family.
Looking for other fun fall recipes? Here are some suggestions: