Busy people enjoy home cooked meals too, and Instant Pots make that possible any night of the week! This Instant Pot recipe for Chicken Florentine is rich, deeply satisfying, and only takes 10 minutes to cook! With pasta, protein, creamy sauce and nourishing spinach, this dish is a winner among kids and adults. This Chicken Florentine doesn’t require many ingredients, either. You may even have everything you need at home already! Overall, we think this is the perfect family-friendly meal to throw together after a busy day. We hope it becomes one of your new weeknight favorites!
I always have chicken breasts on hand because they are one of those ingredients you can use a hundred different ways. In this recipe, they also work well because they are easy to shred after they are cooked in the Instant Pot.
You’ll start off this dish by putting your boneless, skinless chicken breasts at the bottom of your Instant Pot and seasoning this well with salt and pepper. How much chicken you use just depends on your personal preference. (Or, if you are like me, simply on how much you have on hand!)
Add your bow tie pasta on top of the chicken.
Next you’ll prepare a delicious (and incredibly easy) Chicken Florentine sauce by combining: onion powder, garlic powder, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and milk.
Pour the sauce over the noodles.
Seal the instant pot and press “manual.” Set the timer to 10 minutes, making sure the vent is closed.
Once the instant pot is done cooking, vent manually and unseal the lid.
Next, you will remove the chicken breasts, place them on a plate, and shred them with a fork. This is the most prep this recipe requires, and it will probably only take you a couple of minutes.
Add the chicken back into the pot.
As a final step to this dish, add fresh spinach leaves to the Instant Pot and close the lid for a couple minutes (don’t turn it on). This will give the leaves enough time to wilt and get warm.
After a couple of minutes, open it up and give it a little stir to combine.
Done! We suggest topping this yummy dish with a little bit of fresh Parmesan. If you are making this as a quick weeknight dish, it is a complete meal by itself. Of course, you can always dress it up for company or a romantic evening by serving it with some good crusty bread and a side salad!
This creamy, delicious Instant Pot Chicken Florentine is the ultimate family-friendly dish. Better yet, it requires almost no prep and only 10 minutes of cooking time! We hope it becomes one of your new weeknight favorites!
- 1-2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 box of bowtie noodles
- (2) 10 oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 C. milk
- 1 C. chicken broth
- 2 C. fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the instant pot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the onion powder, garlic powder, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and milk.
- Pour the box of noodles over the chicken and them top with the cream of chicken soup mixture.
- Seal the instant pot and press manual. Set the timer to 10 minutes and make the vent is closed.
- Once the instant pot is done cooking, vent manually and unseal the lid.
- Remove the chicken breasts and shred using a knife and fork. Put the chicken back in the instant pot.
- Stir in the fresh spinach leaves and close the lid for a few minutes to allow the spinach to wilt.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- You may want to serve with aside salad and garlic bread.
Keywords: family meal, fast, easy, creamy, kid-friendly, weeknight, delicious, italian, chicken florentine