I’m not a big breakfast planner, and it usually goes to the back of my mind when grocery shopping. I like to keep it simple and quick when it comes to breakfast. If I already keep the ingredients in the pantry and don’t have to buy extra, well then it’s a win all around. These Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast Roll Ups are just that! On of my favorite easy recipes and a quick breakfast your kids will love.
We aren’t morning people in my family. Even the kids who wake up early still need a few quiet moments before they are really moving. Breakfast for us is usually scrambled eggs, yogurt, or anything quick and easy. I love breakfast food though, so I love being able to find great breakfast recipes that take little effort.
My favorite part about this recipe is that I usually keep all these ingredients in my pantry already. I used sliced sandwich bread, peanut butter, jelly, egg, cinnamon, and sugar. I started out by flattening my bread with a rolling pin. You want them pretty thin but not so thin that they tear when rolling. Next, fill them up! This time I used peanut butter and jelly, but you can fill them with anything you like! I also have made Cream Cheese French Toast Roll-Ups that my family just loved!
Once they are filled and rolled, just dip them in an egg wash and add them to a warm oiled skillet. I cooked mine on low, let them cook slowly, and turned them frequently to make sure each side was cooked and toasted.
The last step may be the best step! Rolling them in the cinnamon and sugar! You can serve these roll ups with syrup, but we love them just as they are.
I hope you enjoy these Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast Roll Ups as much as we did. With a little planning and some simple ingredients, they make one easy breakfast recipe.Print
- sandwich bread, 6 slices
- peanut butter, 3 tbsp, divided
- jelly, 3 tbsp, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- Remove the crust from your bread and flatten with a rolling pin.
- Spread a good amount of peanut butter and jelly onto each slice of bread. Roll up each slice and set aside.
- Warm oil in a skillet on medium/low.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs. Dip each roll up into the egg and then place in the skillet. Cook and turn them to get all sides cooked and toasted.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together then pour onto a plate. Once each roll up is cooked roll it in the cinnamon sugar mix until coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
What is your favorite easy breakfast recipe? Please share it with us in the comments!