This is a new favorite recipe around my house. I haven’t cooked much with curry in the past. My family tends to be a creature of habit. We find some foods we like and we eat them over and over… I find that is just easier after my full day of homeschooling. We will just make something quick and easy. Every once in a while, I really want something different. We eat a lot of rice at my house because we are gluten free. It is less expensive to add rice to a meal than gluten free pasta. If you would rather, this recipe works great with chicken as well. It turns out nice and is so quick and easy to make. Hope you enjoy it!Print
- 3 cups uncooked Minute Rice
- 1 lb. cooked shrimp
- 1/2 lb. carrots julienned
- 10 oz. can pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (from can pineapple)
- 2–3 tsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- Cook rice according to directions on the box.
- Melt butter in separate skillet and cook carrots to desired tenderness.
- Add rice, shrimp and the rest of the ingredients to the pan. Cook until thoroughly heated and sauce thickens. This takes about 5 min.
- Coconut milk can be added until desired consistency.
Any rice can be used. Just make enough for 6 servings.
Chicken can be used instead of shrimp. Just use 1lb. dice and cook with carrots until no longer pink.
I recommend starting with 2 tsp. curry and adding more to desired flavor.
Jenny is a Hip Homeschool Moms team member and blogs gluten free over at Gluten Free Birmingham. You can also find her on facebook and twitter. Her daughter was diagnosed with Celiac Disease 3 years ago.