You can use an Instant Pot to make dinner in a hurry, but did you know that you can also use it to make dessert?? In fact, you can use an Instant Pot to make this beautiful Valentine’s Day Bundt Cake! It’ll be moist, delicious and, of course, a perfect treat for the holiday!
Scenario: It’s Valentine’s Day. Dinner is in the oven, but you have a problem: you need to make a special Valentine’s Day dessert at the same time (in order to enjoy it after your meal!) In such a dilemma, the Instant Pot is the way to go. Or if you just enjoy using your Instant Pot because it always makes your food turn out to be perfectly delicious, that’s another great reason to try this recipe out this Valentine’s Day.
Follow these simple directions to make your own Instant Pot Valentine’s Day Bundt Cake.
Directions to Make this Valentine’s Day Bundt Cake
First, mix together your triple chocolate cake mix, water, vanilla, and oil. Up next, you’ll grease and flour a 7″ heart-shaped bundt pan.
If you don’t have a heart-shaped bundt pan, don’t worry! Your finished cake will still look beautiful and festive even if you use a regular 7″ bundt cake pan but for Valentine’s Day it is fun to have one that is heart-shaped! Nordic Ware is amazing and lasts forever, but it is not cheap… you see what I mean here.
Pour your cake batter into your greased and floured pan until it’s about 3/4 full. Next, add a cup of water to the inner bowl of the Instant Pot and place a trivet inside it. This will make your cake extra moist.
Use a foil sling to carefully lower the bundt pan on top of the trivet inside the Instant Pot. Loosely fold the foil sling over the top of the bundt pan.
Cook on high pressure according to the directions in the printable recipe below.
After cooking the cake, release the pressure and remove the cake from the Instant Pot. Then allow your cake to cool for 30 to 60 minutes on a cooling rack.
While the cake is cooling, make your bundt cake icing. We are using chocolate ganache. The recipe is below. (The ganache is quick to make, so allow your cake to nearly finish cooling before you make the ganache.)
Once the cake is cool, use a knife to gently separate it from the sides of the pan. Turn cake out onto a wire rack positioned over a cookie sheet (to catch drips). Then pour the ganache over the cake and let it sit for a few minutes.
Does This Valentine’s Day Bundt Cake Need to Be Refrigerated?
No, you don’t have to… but it will keep longer if you do! That is usually not an issue in my house because my kiddos eat them up so fast!
Isn’t this the cutest Valentine’s Day Bundt Cake? This would be a fun cake to make with your children too. Perfect for any Valentine’s day celebration!Print
You can use an Instant Pot to make dinner in a hurry, but did you know that you can also use it to make dessert?? In fact, you can use an Instant Pot to make this beautiful Valentine’s Day Bundt Cake! It’ll be moist, delicious, and, of course, a perfect treat for the holiday!
- 1 box triple chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 C Semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ C heavy whipping cream
- Valentine’s Day Sprinkles
- In a large bowl, mix together the vanilla cake mix, eggs, water, and oil.
- Grease and flour a 7-inch heart-shaped bundt pan.
- Pour the cake batter into the bundt pan, about ¾ way full.
- Add 1 cup water to the inner bowl of the instant pot. Place the trivet inside.
- Make a foil sling and carefully lower the filled bundt pan on top of the trivet in the instant pot. Loosely fold the foil sling over the top of the bundt pan.
- Close lid and set to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Quick pressure release.
- Let cool on a cooling rack for 30-60 minutes.
- Use a knife to gently separate the cake from the sides of the bundt pan and empty the cake onto a wire rack above a cookie sheet
- Using a small pot, heat up the heavy whipping cream until slightly boiling
- Pour chocolate chips into a heat-safe bowl
- Pour heavy whipping cream over the chocolate chips and whisk until smooth
- Pour the ganache over the cake and let sit for a few minutes
- Sprinkle some valentine’s day sprinkles over the cake
- Allow ganache to set before cutting and enjoying!
Keywords: Valentine's Day, Bundt Cake, Valentine's Day Bundt Cake